It is the application that allows you to connect physical clock terminals with GesFicher. If your company has physical presence control terminals (fingerprint readers, card readers, iris readers, input control lathes, etc.), employees can make clocks in on those terminals and through the GesFicherSync program, the information will be synchronized with GesFicher automatically.
For the information to synchronize, you must perform a small configuration step, explained below.
1) Install the Borland Database Engine program, from the link below:
3) Download the GesFicher Sync program, from the link below:
GesFicher web setup
To make the GesFicherSync setup process simpler and more automatic you should access GesFicher with an administrator user and configure the following:
- Create the "Clock terminals", as indicated in this same manual:
- Create the "Types of clocks in" that can be registered in the physical clock terminal, as indicated in this manual. For the synchronization process to work, you must enter in the "Code" field. Terminal clock in" the code with which that type of clock in is identified in the clock terminal.
- Set up "Users" and identify them with the "Code. Terminal User", as indicated in this same manual.
When you run the "GesFicherSync.exe" program, the initial setup screen will be displayed, where you must enter your company data.
- Update period: Allows you to indicate every few minutes the clock in information is synchronized with GesFicher.
- Company code (companyId): The company code is obtained in the "Enterprise Settings" option in GesFicher, in the "Security Settings" section. To do this, you must access GesFicher with an administrator user.
- CTRL company (companyCtrl): It's your company's data communications control code with GesFicher. It is obtained on the same screen as the company code, indicated in the previous point.
Once you have entered the "Company Code" and "CTRL Company", you can press the "Test GesFicher Connection" button to verify that communication with GesFicher is correct. You should display a message indicating the company name:
Import clock terminals
Press the "Save" button and ask if you want to import the dialing terminals configured on the GesFicher website. It is convenient that the terminals are previously created in GesFicher as indicated above. You will be shown a message indicating the terminals that have been imported from GesFicher.
Set up terminals and activate them
You will see a message that you must configure the terminals and activate them to send the clocks in to GesFicher.
You will be shown the following screen, with the list of imported terminals.
You can configure each terminal by double-clicking on the line or selecting the line and pressing the button , just above the list of terminals.
You will access the terminal configuration screen, where, depending on the type of terminal, you will need to indicate a configuration or other:
Once the configuration is indicated, you can perform a test to see if you can connect to the physical signing terminal by pressing the "Test Connection" button.
If the connection test has been successful, you can check the option to "Activate" the terminal and press the "Save" button.
From this moment on, all clocks in made in the terminal will be synchronized with GesFicher. If the terminal had any clocks in stored, it will be sent immediately.
Once the dialing terminals have been configured, the information will be automatically synchronized with GesFicher. The main screen of GesFicherSync is as follows:
- Launches the synchronization process for all configured terminals. In the general GesFicherSync configuration you can specify the number of minutes after which the terminal information is updated. Pressing this button forces you to sync right now. A progress bar will be displayed for each terminal, indicating the progress of downloading the terminal information and then sending it to GesFicher.
- Accesses the GesFicherSync general settings screen
- Allows you to hide the GesFicherSync window, without closing the program. It has the same effect as if you press the button with the "X" of closing the window. The ticking process will remain active.
- Exits GesFicherSync. If you exit the program, the clocks in with GesFicher will stop syncing.
- Set up a terminal. If there are any in the terminal list that appears with that icon, it indicates that the terminal is not configured. This button allows you to access the configuration and activation screen of the terminal.
- Launches the synchronization process of the selected terminal.
- Accesses the search screen for downloaded clocks in from the selected terminal. By default, the list of clocks in that have been downloaded from the terminal and are pending sending to GesFicher will be displayed. In the filter at the top of the window you can change the search criteria, for example to search for the clocks in sent between certain dates, including a specific user or a particular type of incident, as shown in the following image:
- Allows you to download all the clocks in that have the selected terminal stored. In the automatic dial synchronization process, only the last markups made, not all, will be downloaded. With this button you can force all the clocks in that the terminal has stored to download, even if they have been downloaded previously.
- Deletes the selected terminal.
- Allows you to import or update the list of terminals configured in GesFicher. It has previously been noted that the initial GesFicherSync configuration process will launch a query to GesFicher to get the configured terminals. If a new terminal is subsequently added in GesFicher, for example because the company acquires a new clock terminal, this button allows it to be imported into GesFicherSync. The terminal must then be configured and activated to synchronize the clocks in with GesFicher.
In the middle part of the screen is shown the list of terminals indicating the following information for each of them:
- STA: Icon identifying the status of the terminal, which can be "Active", "Not Active" or "Missing configuration".
- TERMINAL CODE: Terminal code that identifies the terminal in GesFicher.
- DESCRIPTION: Terminal name
- DOWN: Status icon for the last dialing download operation of the terminal. It can be OK or ERROR.
- LAST DOWNLOAD: Date and time of the last terminal clocks in download operation. Parentheses indicate the number of marks downloaded in the last synchronization. If any error occurred it will show "ERROR".
- PENDING SEND: No checkouts downloaded from the terminal that are pending sending to GesFicher.
- SEND: Status icon for the last markup submission to GesFicher. It can be OK or ERROR.
- LAST SHIPPING: Date and time of the last clock in send operation to GesFicher. Parentheses indicate the number of marks sent in the last synchronization. If any error occurred it will show "ERROR".